Saturday, January 31, 2009

Help Is Not A Four Letter Word - Part 6

"The desert and the parched land will be glad;

the wilderness will rejoice and blossom.

Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom;

it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy."
Isa. 35: 1&2

"Where am I" I blurted out.

"You are in the wilderness. You are where you have always been. You have not moved." The voice said.

Immediately I knew it was the voice of the Lord.

As I gazed about I was overwhelmed by the exquisite beauty of my surroundings. As far as the eye could see the world was ablaze with the colors of spring. My entire being was saturated with a fragrance which like a heavenly incense was carried upon a warm spring breeze . It was so intensely refreshing and life giving that there were no words to describe it. I dared not move or even breathe: I sensed that this was indeed holy ground.

"My God, My God, such beauty! How glorious!" I exclaimed!

I stood in stunned silence for what seemed an eternity. I was unable to take it all in. I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled.

"How could I be in the same place? Certainly this isn't the wilderness I was in, or if it is, something has happened to it?!

Do you remember asking me once, "What then is real?" Jesus asked.

"Have you never heard the saying, "Perception IS reality?"


"Although you perceive that the world has "changed," the wilderness in which you originally found yourself has not changed - YOU are the one who has changed!
It is neither a different time nor a different place," He said. You are beginning to see the world through My eyes. When you see all creation with the eyes of the Spirit - through the eyes of faith - you see all things clearly!"

"In My realm - within My kingdom - the kingdom of heaven, there is no desert - no barrenness - only life, glorious and abounding."

"The problem is that until you are 'born again' of the Spirit, you cannot see the kingdom of heaven. The true nature of things is hidden from your eyes. The eyes of your understanding are darkened and you are unable to see! All is veiled to you. You are blind to spiritual realities, but when you receive the Spirit of life you are raised to walk in newness of life and behold, all things become new!" Jesus said.

"If only you saw yourself through my eyes...His voice trailed off and he was gone.

"If only you saw yourself through my eyes? If only....."

I found myself deep in thought. I wanted to just shout out:

"Wait! Come back! How do you see me? Please, I really want to know!"

Only silence greeted my ears.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider your comments carefully as this is a public site. All comments will be moderated and if found to be argumentative, inflammatory or offensive they will be deleted. We are thankful for your input! Please add us to your favorites! Blessings!