Saturday, January 31, 2009

Help Is Not A Four Letter Word - Part 5

Upon hearing the voice I instantly turned around. Stretched out before me was a marvelous highway which ran seamlessly out to meet the horizon. It pierced through the desert like an arrow flying into the distant sun. I was transfixed by the morning sun which glowed like a beacon of hope on the horizon. The highway seemed out of place, ethereal and 'other worldly'.

I shook my head in amazement.

"How long have I been standing here? Where did this road come from? I'm sure it wasn't here before!" I said out loud.

What seemed an audible voice, responded:

"It has been here from the beginning. You could not see it because it is not visible to the human eye! It is veiled to all but the eyes of the Spirit. It is a new and living way whose maker is God. Remember!" Spirit said.

Then I remembered the words of the prophet Isaiah:

"A highway will be there, a roadway,
And it will be called the Highway of Holiness.
The unclean will not travel on it
But it will be for him who walks that way,
And fools will not travel on it."
Isa. 35:8
and...
"A voice calling,
'Clear the way for the Lord in the wilderness
Make smooth in the desert
A highway for our God."
Isa. 40:3

"As you have perceived, Spirit continued, it is the Highway of Holiness and neither the unclean nor fools may travel this Way - for the fool has said in his heart, 'there is no God.' It is the only true way through the wilderness. It is the King's Highway." He said.

I glanced about once again, I could not ascertain where the voice came from, but I knew it was the voice of the Spirit.

I asked, "If it is hidden and cannot be seen by human eyes, how is it that I can see the way so clearly?"

"Because you have received me," Spirit said, "I have anointed your eyes that you may see beyond the veil. It is, after all, another of my directives."

Then I remembered Jesus' promise:

"But when the Spirit of truth comes,
He will guide you into all truth;
For he will not speak of His own initiative
But whatever He hears He will speak;
And He will disclose to you what is to come."

"He will glorify Me,
for He will take what is mine
And will disclose it to you!
All things the Father has are mine
Therefore I said that He takes what is mine
And discloses it to you
.
John 16: 13-16

"So then" I said, "This isn't a real desert or a real highway?!"

"What is real? He said. How do you define real? If you're talking about what you feel, taste, smell or see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

"That sounds so familiar", I replied. "Where have I heard that before? Is that something Jesus said?" I asked.

"No" Spirit said laughingly. "It's something Morpheus said. You, of all people, should remember!! It's from, The Matrix!"

"O yea! I knew it sounded familiar." I interjected. "I most certainly do remember! That was an awesome movie - my favorite. Can I ask you a question?

"Absolutely! That's what I'm here for.
Spirit replied.

"Then what IS real?" I asked. " Is this a real desert? Is this a real highway or is all of this a vision, a dream, or some kind of hallucination?"

"I really am not up to some metaphysical discussion; Spirit said. "You simply must accept that the realm of Heaven, the spiritual and eternal realm, is all there is. It is what is truly real! Everything else is just temporary, a reflection or shadow. Simply put, God Is! All else is temporal and temporary. Remember, it is from the "spiritual" realm that everything you think of as real came into being!"

"Whew". I said, "That's pretty heavy. I'm not sure I can wrap my mind around that!"

"Of course you can't. You're not supposed to! It's impossible! He said. The things of the Spirit are only spiritually discerned. That is why I told Nick, (Nick O. Demas) 'You must be born again!' Remember? As you well know, the 'natural man' or a 'human being' is not able to comprehend or be aware of the things of the Spirit - because he or she is unspiritual! Humans only possesses human life, human intelligence and the ability to understand and interact with the natural and human realm. Those who are born AGAIN of the Spirit are able to see within the spiritual realm."

"I get it now. I really do." I shouted! Hallelujah! Because I have been 'born again', I have received the gift of the Holy Spirit' and now I have been made alive - spiritually! I have also realized that the 'way' out of this spiritual desert I have been in - is not a physical highway - but it is the HIGH way! A HIGHER way! A higher spiritual path - not the ways of a man, but the way of the Spirit - your way - or YAWEH!" I chuckled to myself. "I must have the gift of cleverness", I thought.

As soon as I spoke these words I recalled:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are My ways your ways,
Declares the Lord
For as the heavens are HIGHER than the earth,
So are My ways HIGHER then your ways

And My thoughts then your thoughts."


Suddenly the desert around me began to fade and the road before me vanished. A blinding bright light shone on the horizon and I heard a voice, His voice, say to me:

"I AM the way, the Truth and the Life..."

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider your comments carefully as this is a public site. All comments will be moderated and if found to be argumentative, inflammatory or offensive they will be deleted. We are thankful for your input! Please add us to your favorites! Blessings!